Braided Nose Band Side Pull
Do you have a headstall that you love to use but would rather ride bitless??? Attach the Braided Nose Band Side Pull to your current headstall and ditch the bit...ride bitless!
**IMPORTANT**: You'll need to shorten the cheek pieces of the headstall so that the Braided Nose Band Side Pull is sitting just below the cheek bones on the sides of the horse's face. **
Not all headstalls can do this easily so please check yours to be sure.
Note: Be kind to your horse! If your horse isn't used to a side pull this may feel different to him. Help him understand where the pressure is coming from and what it means by working with him from the ground first, before mounting up.
You will need to...
1) Remove the bit from your headstall.
2) Attach your headstall to the metal rings.
3) Attach the reins to the loops at the end of the chin strap.
4) Adjust length of cheek pieces on headstall so nose band sits just under the cheek bones on the sides of the horse's face.
5) Adjust chin strap. If your horse is more sensitive, use less pressure. If the horse is just learning or needs more guidance, start with more pressure and decrease from there.
Chin Strap styles
- The chin strap can be adjusted for more or less pressure when the reins are engaged
Plain - slightly adjustable, reins attach to rings
With Rope Rings - offers greater adjustability, reins attach to rope rings (shown at right)
$45.00 each CDN, no tax to add